We are excited to announce that Shelley Brown, Founder and Practice Lead of Bromelin HR Consulting has been named finalist in the Distinctive Women 2018 National Event for The Philanthropist of the Year.
Here is some of Shelley’s and Bromelin’s philanthropic work:
- Bromelin is a corporate (financial) partner, subsidizing the West Island Community shares, a fundraising organization which supports 21 local charities and community groups that fall into 3 categories of Families & Children, Health and Community.
- Shelley co-leads Helping Hands Canada, a program which sees corporate teams work together to make prosthetic hands, which are then distributed to clinics in developing countries. This program allows employees to build prosthetic hands for tens of thousands of people in need around the world. This process teaches teams to model true collaboration, commitment and quality – borne from a deeper sense of caring. Through the various events we have facilitated, hundreds of prosthetic hands have been built and given to people in need around the world.
- Shelley and one of her colleagues traveled to Nepal and twice to the Dominican Republic to personally deliver the hands and help fit amputees with their new prosthetic limb. Shelley is currently supporting and sending prosthetic hands to a minister in Pakistan who is running a distribution clinic out of a local church.
- Shelley is a proud supporter of the SPCA, donates to the local shelter and has recently facilitated a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator team building session for the New Brunswick SPCA.
- The Bromelin team volunteers each holiday season in a gift wrapping initiative at the Fairview Shopping Centre to raise funds for the Lakeshore Hospital Foundation.
- The Bromelin team buys Christmas presents for 5 families in need and living in a women’s shelter over the holidays. We get an overview of each family so we can buy gifts that the mother and children will appreciate.
- The Bromelin team supports “Blankets for the Homeless” in Montreal – at our staff Christmas party, everyone brings a used clean winter coat or a new blanket which are donated to this important charity.
- Shelley personally sponsors two young girls in Uganda through Plan Canada