There is no debate that online social networking has become a key and powerful medium in today’s society. There has been a movement towards internal online social networks for some time now, and new online networking companies are eager to grab a piece of the rising pie.
Is your company ready for an internal social network?
- Yammer and other internal social networks provide a user-friendly medium to connect and stay in contact with peers and upper management.
- Drowning in emails? Internal social networks take the hassle out of and time spent on keeping track of conversations and organizing your inbox since everything is organized into conversations.
- Flattens the hierarchical chain of command through improved vertical communications.
- Increases visible communication and improvescollaboration: cost-savings in projects and enhances access to information, feedback and expertise. Synergize with your team.
- Engage Generation Y: It may actually enhance your young workers’ engagement since they would be able to easily contact all team members in a relevant social medium.
Things to look for in your search for an internal social networking medium:
- A service provider that is encrypted to ensure the security and privacy of your information.
- SSL/TLS and connected over HTTPS
- A fun and easy user-interface! They say don’t judge a book by its cover, but what the site looks like and how easy it is to navigate and use, will definitely impact employee usage. You want an ultra-user-friendly interface that will in itself bring employees back-in. It’s all downhill from there.
Low to Medium price. You do not have to spend hundreds per month to get the bang for your buck.
Here are some of our suggestions:
- Yammer (our top choice!)
- Google Apps
- Group tweet
- BloomFire (higher price-end)
For more information, please email [email protected].
Let us help make you an employee of choice!
Bromelin People Practices